Andrew's advice to funeral consumers:
- A funeral is one of the most personal things we can do for our loved ones. It is an important step in the grieving process and as a professional funeral director, I know only too well that there is just one chance to get it right.
- Talk to your funeral director and make sure that you are comfortable with them.
- If you have specific requests, make sure your funeral director understands them.
- Ask as many questions as you like.
- Be certain that you are dealing with a reputable funeral director and make sure they are members of the FDA of NSW.
A third generation funeral director, Andrew began his career in 1988 and owns funeral businesses in Newcastle and Port Stephens. Andrew has served on the committee since 2002.
Andrew enjoys serving on the committee because as the FDA is at the forefront of the industry, it is able to be directly involved with many organisations and departments, allowing it to meet any challenges head on, in addition to making changes that will benefit the community.