FDA Code of Ethics
The Funeral Directors' Association of New South Wales Limited is an incorporated association of funeral directors.
Code of Ethics
Members of the FDA of NSW subscribe to the following code:
- To maintain in all matters the highest standards of business, professional and personal conduct.
- To respect in all circumstances the confidentiality and trust of clients.
- To ensure that staff is qualified and competent.
- To ensure that facilities are adequate for all services rendered.
- To provide information concerning the range of services available, the prices of the services and the functions and responsibilities accepted.
- To give a written estimate of all funeral charges and disbursements to be made on a client's behalf at the time of taking instructions or as soon as practicable.
- To respect personal choice and have regard for diversity of beliefs in religious and cultural practices.
- To ensure that all advertising is genuinely informative and in good taste.
- To be thoroughly conversant with the laws of the land as they apply to funeral service and allied industries and professions.
- To provide an advisory service with conciliation and arbitration arrangements available to help resolve disputes which may arise between members and their clients.
We recommend for high standard of service and professional conduct to contact a member of this Association.
Contact the office of the Funeral Directors' Association of NSW Limited.